As temperatures drop and the first snowflakes slowly hit the ground, you can really notice that holiday spirit is taking over. If you are in the vacation mood and are dreaming of spending some quality time with your family in a cabin rental, then consider Big Bear Lake, one of the most charming winter getaway spots in California. For your future trip, you can check out these fun (indoor and outdoor) activities for the whole family to enjoy.
What do you do in a cabin in the winter?
Whether you need more excitement in your life or would like to take it down a notch, visiting Big Bear in the winter offers a wide range of possibilities.
If outdoor winter activities are your cup of tea, then consider booking a cabin rental near a ski resort. The Big Bear Lake is thought to be one of the most exciting ski areas in the entire state of California. The ski resort offers mountain trails for both beginners and experts, so everyone can have some fun in the snow. Therefore, winter sports are the way to go if you’re feeling adventurous.
If adrenaline is not on the menu for you on this retreat, then consider drinking some sparkling wine in a hot tub, while the frost forms beautiful shapes on the windows of your cabin.
What is there to do in Big Bear for toddlers?
Cozying up by the fireplace while watching the snowflakes form the idyllic scenery outside can be quite relaxing for you. However, your toddlers may find it boring. You can make this more exciting for them by:
- Awakening your inner child and making a fortress out of pillows and blankets.
- Getting comfortable and enjoying a Christmas movie marathon with your loved ones.
Explore Big Bear Lake
The beautiful surroundings of luxury cabin rentals become even more picturesque in the winter. Here’s what you can do to make your retreat even more special:
- What better way to experience the winter than by building a snowman with your young ones. This will guarantee wonderful memories forever instilled in your family’s hearts.
- Another great family activity even your toddlers can enjoy is going for a sled ride in the Magic Mountains. You can go for one of the most authentic bobsled rides in California, or simply enjoy the inspiring landscapes by going on a chairlift ride uphill.
- Don’t miss out on a chance to visit the Big Bear Snowplay. It offers amazing snow tube rides, and it’s just a 5-minute drive away from Evergreen Lodge.
- It is also very close to the Big Bear Funplex. This small complex offers a perfect amount of excitement if your youngest ones need a break from nature and snow. Whether the kids prefer a mini roller coaster or they would like to play arcade games, this Funplex has it all.
- What’s more, all these outdoor complexes are in close range of great family restaurants. Which is why you can say goodbye to cooking and cleaning on this fun retreat and completely dedicate yourself to nature and your loved ones.
Where can you find a lovely family-friendly cabin rental in Big Bear Lake?
To best experience everything this mountainous region has to offer, a winter cabin is a great option for families. The Evergreen Lodge luxury cabin is located in one of the best neighborhoods in the Big Bear Lake, which makes it easy for you to reach all the aforementioned places.
Apart from that, this mountain retreat offers a wide range of amenities ideal for families. For example, there is a room specially designed to make the most out of your stay with your kids – a game den filled with movies, books and board games.
Start packing for your cabin retreat and get ready to truly experience the magic of the winter.